Summer is here, bringing extreme temperatures and working your A/C overtime. Keep your electric bill down with a few simple tips…
- Change your air filter – Under extreme weather, your A/C will work harder. Changing the filter every 30 days helps your unit work more efficiently and consume less energy
- Schedule a check-up – Have a professional inspect your unit and point out any inefficiencies
- Aim for comfort – When home, set your thermostat between 70 and 75 degrees to balance energy and cost savings without sacrificing your comfort. Keep in mind that a single degree change can represent a 1 to 2% increase to your electric bill.
- Don’t waste energy – if you are gone during the day, keep your unit on but raise the setting to about 80 degrees. It will reduce energy consumption but keep moisture from building
- Keep it closed – Make sure windows are closed and curtains drawn to keep the heat out
- Use ceiling fans – Fans help circulate cool air and can make it feel 3 to 8 degrees cooler
- Unplug it – Computers and other home electronics generate heat. Unplug electronics when not in use
Stay tuned for more helpful tips and information or visit our site at Air Filters Delivered.