Travel season is here. If you are planning on leaving home for more than just a few days, here are some important tips to consider…
Although saving a few extra dollars on utilities can be tempting, turning your A/C off while away can build moisture and produce mold and mildew on walls, furniture and electronics – and have costlier long-term effects. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends setting your thermostat between 80 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit to keep the air in your home dry and inhibit mold growth.
You should also remember to:
1. Change the air filter on your unit to ensure efficient operation while you are away
2. Clean the coils and evaporator for best performance
3. Close all blinds and curtains to keep the heat out as much as possible
4. Leave bedroom doors open for better airflow
5. Unplug all electronics and appliances to keep the house cooler
6. Take out the trash and do your laundry – body oils attract moisture and create mold
For more information or helpful tips, visit us at Air Filters Delivered.