Like any piece of equipment, your furnace or air conditioner needs regular maintenance to keep it running efficiently. One of the simplest yet most effective things you can do is to make sure the air filter gets changed regularly. A dirty filter can have a number of negative consequences for you and your wallet…
- A Dirty Filter Will Increase Your Electric Bill – the dirtier the filter, the more your system will work, causing it to consume more energy
- A Dirty Air Filter Will Shorten the Life Span of Your Equipment – it restricts the air flow and causes the unit to work that much harder
- A Dirty Air Filter Will Affect Your Health – the presence of pollen, pet dander and allergens will increase and could cause health problems for you and your family
- A Dirty Filter Will Increase Cleaning Costs – dust will accumulate in your air ducts and increase the frequency of needing to have them cleaned
Disposable filters need to be changed every 1 to 3 months depending on the season, quality of filter purchased, and whether you have pets. Or, if you opt for washable filters, they will need to be cleaned every 2 weeks and changed every 3 to 6 months. Making this a priority for your home will make life easier in the long run – and save you money! For more tips and useful information on your filters, visit Air Filters Delivered!
When looking to replace your air filter, there are typically two different sizes you need to understand – Actual Size and Nominal Size.
Actual Size consisting of the true dimensions of your filter when measuring length, width and thickness, and typically includes a fraction of an inch. For example: 19 1/2 x 19 1/2 x ¾
What consumers often don’t realize is that filters are not sold by their actual dimensions. Instead a rounded up number is used to label filter packages. This measurement is referred to as the Nominal Size. So a filter with actual dimension of 19 1/2 x 19 1/2 x ¾ will have a nominal size of 20x20x1 and that will be the measurement to look for when buying your replacement filters.
||19 1/2 x 19 1/2 x 3/4
||15 1/2 x 24 1/2 x 3/4
We hope this little bit of trivia will help make your next purchase a breeze.
Your Friends at Air Filters Delivered
With rising shipping costs, knowing your options can help you save. You may have heard of SmartPost as a shipping alternative. It is widely used by Amazon for their Super Saver and Prime 2-Day Shipping programs. But is SmartPost the right choice for you?
What Exactly is SmartPost?
SmartPost is a “Last-Mile Delivery” partnership between FedEx and USPS, where FedEx will transport shipments and hand them off to a local USPS sorting facility for final delivery to the customer.
What Are the Benefits?
- More cost effective than FedEx Ground (up to 18% less)
- Saturday delivery at no extra cost
- USPS will deliver to PO boxes; FedEx normally would not
- No FedEx surcharges for residential delivery
What’s the Catch?
- Delivery times can be longer and often inconsistent
- Delays often occur from the hand-off to USPS
- FedEx guarantees on package quality and control are shifted to USPS
As is often the case, you get what you pay for. Keep these important factors in mind if your shipment is fragile or time sensitive. If keeping costs down is your priority and you don’t mind waiting a few extra days, then SmartPost may be a good alternative to consider.
Visit Air Filters Delivered